Monday, August 8, 2011

Best Design Awards 2011 - woooooooooooo!! ahem.

















I love this time of year! It's like the X-Games (only much less XTRRREME!!) of the New Zealand design industry. Actually it's nothing like the X-Games in the slightest. Although I think it would be kind of great if all the entrants had to wear helmets.

This year, I'm going to show you my favourites of the finalists, then after the big awards night, we'll do  a series of interviews with some of the big winners.

I had to start with this category because shit lady, the standard is insane this year...































The Church shows us how a dramatic story underpins every NZSO musical masterpiece.



From Watermark Ltd, for Colenso BBDO and Vodafone.



The New Zealand International Film Festival posters are, by tradition, collectible art pieces. This one (another finalist entry by Watermark Ltd) is no exception.

Love this work for Banks Peninsula Farms. It made me really want to know their story, so I went straight to their website (which was a bit disappointing in comparison - but hey that's not what we're looking at here!) From Strategy Design. 


Also from The Church for the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra.



Trelise Cooper (NZ fashion designer) Swing Tags, by Saatchi & Saatchi.


Alt Group for Yellow (covers for  NZ phone directories), which I posted when they launched.

Waddya reckon? You can see all the finalists in the Design Arts category here. Who deserves the massive-and-potentially-dangerous-in-the-office Pin Trophy?



No comments:

Post a Comment