Monday, July 25, 2011

Design for 'An Indian Summer'!

Can you draw/sketch/paint/doodle or such?

If you do,
Hallelujah!
Where have you been?
I need you!

Long time readers of this blog  have been a witness to my many attempts at creating an identity for An Indian Summer. While I am quite talented otherwise (ahem), I am no artist, sadly. And, as this blog gears up for some exciting new ventures, I would like it to have a distinct identity. And that's where You come in! I mean, I do do hope that you will come in and help me out here. Pretty please?

So, calling out to the fabulously talented people who I know read 'An Indian Summer': If you are an artist, a graphic designer or love to paint / draw / sketch, will you please help me create an identity for my blog? A logo. Some icons. All that will proudly showcase your work and announce 'An Indian Summer' brand.

I will be ever so grateful, not to say chirpy like a spring bird and happy like a well fed kitten, if you would do this for me. And to thank you, I would like to send the creator of the selected design a Gift Box. A rapidly growing Gift Box that has personally handpicked gorgeous items for you and your home. And that's not all! Your work will be credited like for ever on this blog's home page, and any other sites/publications where I use your designs. 

[So far in the GiftBox: Chanderi block printed stole, Wood printing blocks, Madhubani paintings, Tribal necklace and earrings, Incense sticks and blue pottery holder in a cute wooden box, andhra leather puppet for the wall, kantha stole/throw and more pretteh tidbits to be added....Ooo, somebody stop me!]    

So how does it work:

1. Click here to read a quick requirements doc. I have put a few relevant details in here. Feel free to send me any other questions that you might have, or, just drop me a note letting me know that you are going to design for the blog (and I'll send virtual kisses back!).

2. You design for the blog! (yippee and yips) and send your design/s to me by August 18th 31st, on the blog's email ID

3. I ooh aah over what you all send to me, and then select the one that is the closest to what I would like the identity to be.

4. The creator of the selected design receives an email from me because well, there is this fabulous Thank You Gift Box that I would need to send you, and I would need your shipping address (ships to anywhere in the world)! Wohoo!

5. I also share all the designs I have received in a post, with credits (unless, you specifically ask me not to share your work). So even if I pick up some other design, your work would still be showcased to my fabulous readers. Like forever. In a post. On this blog.

Sounds good? I am all aflutter with anticipation already! 

Send me any questions or thoughts you have via comments or email. And Oh My God, please DO send me some designs, or I would forever be held captive by evil PowerPoint. (Yes, I created the current header in PowerPoint. Designers/Artists: Don't kill me! Just design for me please!)


Psst: Dear readers and blogging friends: I would love it if you could help spread the word! Please share on facebook, twitter and/or your blogs. Thank you!


Much Love
Mr. Blog & Bhavna

Update: Read the latest here!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Outdoor lounge suite nz

    ReplyDelete