Thursday, July 12, 2007

Truly Indian!

Alright, so before anyone raises the shaped (and unshaped in case there are men reading this) eyebrow, I shall confess: This post falls under the category of 'Going Overboard'.
The innocent out there would ask me - How? Well, two things: (a) I am presenting a lot (a lot) of images; and (b) 'Anonymous' left me a comment saying 'only if the pictures were bigger'. And generous soul that I am, I said 'Lo, behold - that is one thing in the world of blogs I know how to do! Here, the pictures are BIG in this post!


I am showcasing Shaheen Bagh, an elegant cottage in Dehradun (India). Shaheen Bagh is now used as an exclusive resort for the discerning traveler. The way this cottage has been done up is a perfect example of traditional Indian interiors which are aesthetic to the core, and modern enough to have all necessary luxuries (though, this does not necessarily represent traditional interiors across the different regions in India).


And before I go overboard also with verbosity, let me present to you Shaheen Bagh ~

The Cottage

The Living Areas
checkout the rug in the pic above!
High ceilings..helps keep the house cool too
great idea -how to use a faux fireplace


I have been lusting after metal urns for a long time now...available in Pondicherry



The Bedrooms
Traditional Indian beds with canopy


The Bathrooms
fresh air anyone?


Touches which complete the interior experience...


And, it's as lovely outdoors as indoors!



Due apologies if your page took too long to download, or you had to go up and down the page since there were a LOT of images and they all were so BIG! Appreciate your patience and do tell me if you like the LOT of BIG images! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment