Monday, July 16, 2007

Take my breath away ~


There are times when you wonder - 'what is more breathtaking? The man made structure or the environ in which it has been built?' I wasn't able to answer this question when I saw Mads Mogensen's work for the very first time. Am still debating it!


Mads is a Danish photographer and I chanced upon his work while researching on a home built on a mountain in St. Martin am Kofler village in the Venosta valley (first image below). Though I wasn't able to find more info or images from the mountain home, I found some other superlative architectural and interior images...
I wonder, do you ever step inside the house if you stay at a place like this?


Stone and water...



Simplicity. Raw concrete, stone and fabric, and a black cat!



Where does the sea end and the house begin?



And suddenly, civilization as we know it...


This is almost gentle!


Stairs to...?



Who can live without this color?



As in a summary, leaving you with image which will again take your breath away...



P.S: Does anyone know who is the architect for these homes?

No comments:

Post a Comment