Saturday, July 21, 2007

This post is about...


Hmm,... well, ..., Oh well! Meow?


Please ask me what are cats doing on a design blog? Go ahead, you can ask me this question.


Well, I think cats are very important part of interior decor. In fact they are the ones who can help convert a house to home (ref: left pane on this blog). Dogs (and a lot of moms would vehemently call out 'kids') also fall in this category. But a cat's role in interior decor is best explained in history. Explained in specific ancient Greek texts to be precise - not translated as yet, so if you know ancient greek, you are all set!




To cut the long story short, I have had cats on my mind this weekend. The fact that Mr. Shaking Head is planning to gift me a kitten as a 'surprise' just might have something to do with it :-). I have been trying to think of a name [it is most likely going to be a tom kitten - brown and white]. The most creative name as yet (from Mr. Shaking head) has been "Dog"!! So please, give me some suggestions on what I can call a brown and white boy kitten such that it won't hate me when he grows up and comes to know the real meaning of his name.


And as you think, some cat stuff to get your creative juices flowing:

Who you looking at mister?Flickr (Jkonig)


Blistering mice ...#$%! Maybe I should hide since I shouldn't really be on a design blog...
Flickr (Anthemic Tangle)



Try the paper bag...the LAST place anyone would guess for a cat to hide!
Flickr (Anthemic Tangle)



Frankly dear, I don't give a damn! I shall lie where I please
comstock.com



And, in any case, who says cats can't be part of a design blog? Look at me! I am the best thing that happened to these 3... umm, 2 vases!
comstock.com



Absolutely! People gape at this chest only when I sprawl on it!
Flickr (Vaneska THomz)



Infact, I got myself a day bed made for my afternoon siesta!
Flickr (Vaneska THomz)



Good for you! As for me, siesta reminds me that it is almost midnight in my part of the world. Adieu... as I gently fall into deep slumber...zzz Flickr (Anthemic Tangle)


These would do in the meantime to keep all those design people happy...




Eagerly awaiting the arrival of "Dog" [puhleez help me with the name before I actually start calling my new cat 'dog'!)
(First cat image: Flickr/Davespictures)




No comments:

Post a Comment