Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tag - I am It!

Dear Pachchai tagged me a couple of days back to write 8 interesting facts about myself and my life! So, here goes:


A year back, I got booted from the oh-so-nice 20's into the 30's and had a minor 'mid-life' crisis. My husband convinced me that 'middle age' starts at 30 (!), and then I went through the exercise of 'what am I doing, what have I done so far, what I want to do' thinking ...this blog is an indirect result of my misplaced panic and unexpected wisdom of 'middle age'! ;-)


I thrive on multi-tasking! I NEED to have multiple things to do at a time or occupy my mind space. This also means that I haven't been able to achieve much success at learning meditation! My brain just doesn't sit still!


I am not much of a cook and had so far avoided stepping inside a kitchen [leaving it to the cook - yes, one of the minor luxuries you can afford in India!]. Since the time we built our home, I wanted to do something in the kitchen designed by me! So, started some bit of cooking - more of unique fare than regular dishes. My husband and I have a rating system for each dish I cook, and so far I must say that I have fared between 7 to 10 on the rating scale of 10 :-)


I ran a crazy credit card bill shopping for clothes when we went to Malaysia. The reason being that that was the one country where I could pick up clothes off the shelf in the regular sections! Yes, I am petite, petite with a capital P!


I am quite good with anything on wheels! From cars to bikes. My secret desire is to participate in the Trans-Himalayan car rally one day




My husband and I were the best of buddies for a year or so before we headed in the direction we did. I had the privilege of attending my best friend's wedding as the bride! :-)




I love dancing and as a kid have learnt Kathak - an Indian classical dance form



Did I mention wheels somewhere? - Well, I also have 'wheels on my feet' (literal translation from a Hindi proverb) and love traveling. That's the reason why you see the 'Travel and vacation' category on a design blog! We do a lot of weekend driving trips, and I am always on the lookout for interesting places and boutique resorts to visit. Next year, I am hoping that we are able to take the time out to do a 'Leh-Ladakh' trip and a Europe cross country trip


Phew!

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my life! Thank you Pachchai for giving me an opportunity to wax eloquent about myself!


A lot of my blogger friends have already been tagged, hence I will not tag them again. But I do want to tag Stan and KUS from Home Rejuvenation :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment