Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A little bit of India in my life...


A little bit of colorful furnishings by my side!



A little bit of fab furniture is all I need!



A little bit of Myakka transforms my home!
with due credit to Mambo No.5 ;-)

Myakka, based out of UK, is a store which will help you set up a little bit of India in your homes. The above range of absolutely beautiful furniture and furnishings is straight from select manufacturers in Rajasthan, India. The furniture is all made of Indian Rosewood (Sheesham) and Acacia. What I love about the furniture is the straight clean lines which makes it fit so well in contemporary interiors.

And the best part is that Myakka believes in supporting society and the environment and is also an accredited importer and member of Fair Trade.


P.S. : The name of this store is intriguing! The word 'Myakka' is a hindi word and denotes 'a married woman's parental house'. So if a married woman is going back to her parent's home, she would be going to her 'myakka'!
Pronounced: 'My Ca' (ca as in car)


Intéressant!

No comments:

Post a Comment