Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Smooth (Tour) Operator!

My dear ladies and gentlemen,
Now we take a tour of Malabar House in Cochin.
Pop Quiz: Where is Cochin?
No...no cheating or googling!

For all those who answered 'Kerala', here, let me give you the pat
The Pat = Pat on the back

Yes...lady at the back...you ask me what is this Malabar House?
Patience, my dear lady, patience is the virtue of.... something (!)


Ok, before anything
First let us pay our respect to the deity, beautifully handcrafted in wood

Now, now! Who unmade the bed here? I will need to straighten the covers..

Tippy tippy tap....what color do you see?


Ah, the cool air of the fan! No....no sleeping right now...how so ever inviting the bed looks!


Well, you may try the bath slippers for size...no Prince guaranteed at the end though..
Yes, all these antique wood pillars have been restored to their old glory



That color again!! Pink! Hold me while I remind myself that I have overdone Pink already (click archives on left if you don't believe me!)


Perfect! Exactly what I need - an open air shower and a lounge chair to relax. Now, if you will excuse me please....can you look the other way?


Please peek through the screen to look at another antique pillar. Meanwhile, let me drink in the blue



Just what I needed! Hand me the paper and the pen to calculate the cost of this tour!




Hmm...maybe she needs a facial and a fruit peel...
Oops...it is supposed to be this way as it is an antique!

Well, now for a tall cool glass of lemonade at the verandah


Aha! I see you would rather dippy dip in the pool...



Sigh! Here is our private boat to take us back to reality..ahem..back to the city


This, Ladies and Gentlemen, was the Malabar House! A unique boutique resort in Kerala- India, offering not just the perfect harmony of Colonial and South Indian design, but also 'experiences' called 'Trinity', 'Serenity', 'Privacy' and 'Discovery'


Here, let me be generous and share the link with you all. Click Here
He he he! Not there but HERE! ;-)


Signing off for now:
Mr. Smooth Tour Operator

(All images from Malabar House)


No comments:

Post a Comment