Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year Pick n Mix!


It's raining again, and I have a blogging tan.

Loooove this Kubus candelabra by designer Mogens Lassen. (found via Bloesem). I want to light more candles - and eat dinner at the table, too.


This glass jug of organic maple syrup is beautiful.
Why don't my favourite NZ products produce some lovely packaging, like this?
Pretty please? Invest more in a longer-lasting package that we can love and keep on our shelves, then sell refills in cheaper, enviro packaging.



Portugese street artist Alexandre Farto (aka Vhils), creates these massive pieces by scraping, scratching and picking away at plastered and painted surfaces.


How rad is this? I know. I've posted about Anna Grossman before, and try to check out her site regularly. Wandering Territory is a new piece created for an exhibition at MOTI, a graphic design museum in Holland. 



The most excellent House Industries created this window display for Hermes. Harlequin patterns, custom cut cedar and type as art...of course I love it. Oh yeah, and the horse moves. 

Anyone seen any awesome window displays? I think I might start searching for some so I can share them here...



I am buying some of these. And then I am going to make friends with more boys so I can give them one of these cards. Letterpress Flanno cards by australian designers The Hungry Workshop (great name). 





The Reuters Best Photos of 2011 are now up on their website - 100 of the most powerful images from around the world, captured last year. (Just so you know, some of the images are very intense... and actually, um... a bit depressing.)
I sort of hate taxidermy and head mounts, but I know they are (or were!) a design trend - and these lego kits are pretty cute, right? The fox is awesome too.  Available to buy from american designer David Cole.
Up There is a short film about the dying art of hand-painted large scale advertising. Fascinating to hear these painters talk about the agony and ecstasy of this artform...




No comments:

Post a Comment