Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rural Living in Iowa

I love this farmhouse in Iowa. I found it on Dwell. The idea of a chunk of land and a house off by itself amid lush green country appeals to me. I don't know the first thing about farming but I'd be willing to learn for this place. : )


Of course it's red, has a metal roof and amazing front and back porches! Love.

I have always loved Dutch doors. The cat is cute too. 

Lots of windows, a woodburning stove and 2 chairs. The wide plank wood floors are so pretty.

I LOVE the cutout handles on the cabinets! So clean and they look really neat. I also like the idea of their loft office. Making great use of vertical space.

Another view of the office. Such a peaceful view through the window too.

The bedroom is separated from the rest of the house by a slatted wall. I like the idea of a wall that doesn't go all the way to the ceiling.

What says farmhouse shower better than a corrugated steel shower?

No comments:

Post a Comment