Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My New(est) Obsession

I am a person who loves to have a project.  I enjoy days when there is nothing on my plate, yes.  But I'm always looking ahead to the next project I'm going to tackle.  Call me crafty, but I love to make things.  On my list of things to try: stamp-making, french macaron baking, and Japanese Washi Masking Tape!  It's already made its rounds all over the blogs, but I'm loving that there are readymade and homemade options out now.  Here's a roundup of some of my favorites:


Brick Pattern Masking Tape from Marchare on Etsy, $8.50.

Japanese Washi Making Tape from Uguisu on Etsy, $15 for the set of 6.

Pastel Polka Dot Masking Tape from Marchare on Etsy, $8.50.


If you're more of a DIY type (which I am), here are a couple of great tutorials I've found:


This option shows you how to use watercolors to paint your own tape masterpieces.  Great for those incredibly talented artists out there.  (Not so much me, but I'll give it a shot!)  Via Julie K. In Taiwan.

With all of the great fabrics I've collected over the years, I'm antsy to try this option.  It's easy and colorful and requires zero skill with a paintbrush... my kind of craft!  I found this tutorial at annekata via Creature Comforts (one of my very favorite blogs from which to get inspiration!).  Click here to check out a free washi tape download from Creature Comforts as well.  That's another one I want to try!

Last but not least, I love this super-cute use of Japanese Masking Tape: twist ties!

The readymade option: Gingham Twist Ties (set of 80) from Marchare on Etsy, $6.50.

The DIY tutorial via Zakka Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment