Friday, July 30, 2010

My Big Finale!

Well, this is it.  My final farewell.  Today is my last day at High Fashion Home.  I'm leaving to pursue a career as a stay-at-home mom.  See?




Yep, I'm ready to pop!  All our bags are packed, we're ready to go.  Except we'll be leaving in a Prius, not a jetplane, and we'll be back home from the hospital in a couple of days.


My pretty new Vera Bradley diaper bag, all packed and ready!

 Welcome to Baby James' little nursery!
  
 Here's hoping he's a good sleeper!  I made all of the bedding with fabrics I got from High Fashion Home and High Fashion Fabrics.  It was a lot of work, but I'm happy with the result!  We got the crib (probably the simplest one we could find without being ultra-modern) at Babies R Us.
  
 I surprised my husband with an LSU mobile... Geaux Tigers!
  
 A little corner in which to rock the little guy to sleep.  We ordered the rocking chair from Pottery Barn Kids.
  
 I also made these book slings with a fabric I got at High Fashion Fabrics.  They're filled with the classics- Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, and so on...  I found the tutorial to make them here!
  
 A yellow vintage buffet became our changing table.  We filled the inside with baskets to hold all of his stuff!  He has a lot and he hasn't even been born yet!

 I fell in love with a book of Eric Carle's famous pictures.  I framed a few of my favorites to add some (more) color to the room.
  
 My friend Cynthia painted this for Baby James!  Isn't it perfect?  Baby's first piece of art!


 I think our dog, Kola, is practicing being a guard dog.  Or maybe she thinks the nursery is her room.  Whatever floats her boat!

It's been a lot of fun blogging for High Fashion over the past few years!  Maybe I'll make an appearance from time to time, but for now it's going to be all about preparing for, and taking care of, our new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment