Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Simplicity...

I came across an Argentinian design magazine Espacio Living and loved what I found there. Simple, classic homes and design. Effective use of colors and a knack of finding aesthetic appeal in day to day objects. Sharing some of the images that I liked the best...

A beautiful colonial home surrounded by greenery







Nature comes in through the massive glass panes. Love the old style sewing machine and thread spools in the table!
















While I am ambivalent about the color of the wall, I liked the effect of everything else put together















Umm...this bathroom reminds me of Merchant-Ivory movies..

















Incredible colors! I am becoming more and more tempted to re-paint my off-white walls

















Kitschy! I can imagine how pretty this door would look in the evenings with the lights lit up!














Summer nights in this room...gentle breeze, and some mosquitoes for company ;-). Love the effect of a dreamy mosquito net..












The hanging paper lantern is of one of the most simple and common of designs, but still looks so pretty and perfect in the setting








A section in the e-zine covered coastal design. All things white and blue. Rugged, well lived in, made up of straw and things the sea brings to the shore occasionally. And perfect for simple living!






I have the urge to sandpaper all the wooden furniture in my home when I look at this! And paint them white! The two small settees are very common in India too. They are called moodha here..









Detail of one of the walls. Do you know how to make paper boats? Find a quick tutorial here! :)














Who?
Who could resist this room? I can't!










Love the wall lights and the shell thingie. And am wishing and hoping that the fish up on the wall isn't a real one... (it can't be..right? You can't stuff up fishes and hang them up. ... Or, can you?)










Ready for some fining dining? The kilim rug underneath will warm your feet as the food warms your bellies!













All images from Espacio Living

No comments:

Post a Comment