Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Why do you build me up...

Build me up Buttercup, baby
Just to let me down (let me down) and mess me around
And then worst of all (worst of all) you never call, baby
When you say you will (say you will)
but I love you still I need you (I need you) more than anyone, darlin'
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (build me up) Buttercup, don't break my heart

[The Foundations]


This song has absolutely nothing to do with today's post. It's just that I have been humming this song since morning and I HAD to get it out of my system by singing it aloud to you! Phew! Feel better already!

And now for the actual post. Today's post is all about:

Living Rooms from South East Asia!

If you have always wanted to have a living room or a sitting area that reflects the rhythm, serenity, vibrancy and ambiance of South East Asia, look no further. I mean do look further...as in look below, for some awesome inspiration that you can easily adapt for your home. And once you are done, let me know...I'll send over some coconut water or maybe a cuppa chai to go with your new decor!


Wicker furniture is one of the specialties from South East Asia

Use of stone to bring in a touch of 'raw' to an otherwise contemporary straight line room

Fuchsia dominates, with a modern oriental work of art


The simplest of furniture in front of a beautifully panelled wall


Very zen. And very contemporary. Subtle touches like the reclining Buddha, lamps and tropical foliage add to the look



Traditional furniture restored. I think the piece on the left is known as the Java bed..


Comfortable planter lounge chairs, intricate screen/room divider, and a traditional roof


Notice the different forms of Ikat in the pillow covers design


The sitting area is towards the left of these gorgeous stairs


I can feel the warmth of the room, and hear the laughter of friends and family in this room..

Another traditional form of furniture in a more straight line design. You climb up and sit cross legged on the floor cushions


Old benches restored for modern use


Great inspiration on how to transform one wall or a corner of a room for that South East Asian look and feel

All these images are from different villas of Bali (Indonesia).


No comments:

Post a Comment