Monday, April 28, 2008

Wanderlust hits again! For the Himalayas this time..



Alrighty. My checklist:
Intentions in all the right places
Mittens and woolens ready
Trekking shoes ready
Camera and other misc stuff ready
Accompanying books and music ready
Traveling Partner (aka Mr. Shaking Head) ready - Ah..umm..well. #$%^&!!
My revised checklist..
Persuade/cajole/threaten my best half to be my road-warrior-partner again
Also find out how much would a stay in this piece of heaven cost!
Let me walk you through the architectural and design marvel that is 360 Leti. The fact that it is situated in the pristine Kumaon region of the Himalayas, makes it immensely (and uncontrollably) attractive to city weary dwellers like moi.

360 Leti, a vision of Shakti, was made real by Bijoy Jain and his team from Studio Mumbai Architects. This exclusive (I am very tempted to say reclusive!) resort has been designed and constructed such that it is in complete harmony with nature and takes full advantage of the expansive 360 view of the Himalayas. The resort opened last year, and has already won more than a couple international design awards for the architects.

Ready for a virtual tour of this remote piece of heaven?



I can not express in words how much I want to be in this room Right Now. As in asap!

I adore natural stone on floor and walls. And bare minimum number of walls.

Needless to say, you might add add some weight since you would also be 'taking in' all that view along with your food!
Metal (most likely beaten brass) bathroom fixtures. Irresistible combination of stone, gravel and wood

Ok.
Sorry, I can't speak anymore. Look at the above pics! I just want to be there. At 360 Leti. I hope that Mr. Shaking Head is listening (and reading).

[Will keep you posted on how my revised-checklist-item-no.1 works out...]

P.S: Shakti also organizes some amazing village walks in Kumaon, Sikkim and Ladakh. I am too stuck by 360 Leti to wax eloquent about those. Please read up yourself. They are so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment