Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Look, what I found!

I chanced upon Tara Home by chance. (sure, I get it. chanced by chance!). Read through a very interesting story behind this store and was captivated by the stunning photographs of very Oriental and Indian decor and products (take note: 'very' Oriental, not just Oriental!). Though the fabrics did not excite me that much, the overall effect of everything put together was stunning (yes, I have used 'stunning' before).

Given the sudden bearish run of my vocabulary, I think I better not write too much in this post. I will leave you to take in the visual delight of these stunning ('stunning' count = 3 now) images. (though the bit about 'bearish run of vocabulary' is quite creative...isn't it!)

Centre table is actually a chowki. Place a round cushion on it before you sit on it

Yep! Like this.


Diwan (Indian daybed) cum couch. In bright fabrics (in case you didn't notice...)


Detail of bed post (Tibetan most likely)


Metal detail on wood

For folks who would rather be outside than inside

Indian gazebo


Masala box

Love this Buddha statue..


Clockwise from top left: Idols of Tara devi, Ganesha, Buddha and Ganesh in marble



Nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment