Monday, June 17, 2013

DIY's For A Rainy Day

An Indian Summer's DIYs are in Grazia

The Makeover: Reclaimed Bottles

The Senior Features Writer at Grazia, Spardha Malik, reached out to me last month, to put together three easy and quick DIYs for Grazia readers. It was after a really really long time that I got my craft supplies out, and then scouted the home for things that could be reclaimed or up-cycled or re-purposed or generally beautified. Not only did I have to Do the It-Yourself's, but also style and photograph each step of the process. And what fun it was to do it all;  industrial strength glue sticking my fingers together notwithstanding! All the three DIYs can be easily done within ten to twenty minutes, and you don't really need any special supplies to make them.

The 2 Minute Cake Stand 

 I upcycled old glass bottles, made cake stands and prettied up a lamp :)

Baubles On A Wire: The Lamp Updo


Grab the June 2013 issue of Grazia India, for step by step instructions on all three DIYs. You can buy the online copy of the mag on zinio or magzter.

Click to Enlarge


Do tell me if you try any of these on a rainy day, or a non-rainy day :)

[All images: An Indian Summer]

No comments:

Post a Comment