Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fresh off the press


I'll let you in on a little secret. I adore receiving packages via courier/shipping! The excitement of seeing a box delivered to my home, and then opening it up and ooh aahing - even though most times I know what is inside since I ordered it! And, if that box contains books, then I am the happiest girl on the block! And very happy I was, when I received two lovely coffee table books from the fabulous Meghan of The Vendome Press for review. Today, I sat down with a warm cup of jasmine tea, and spent a leisurely hour going through both books. As expected, lot of ooh aahing ensued, and once done, I couldn't wait to show you some of my favorite images from the books.


The Vendome Press sent across their two of their August new releases: Mighty Maharajas [Forts and Palaces of India], and At Home In Italy [Under the Summer Sun].

The Mighty Maharaja, by Amita Baig, with opulent photographs by Joginder Singh, covers select forts and palaces across the length and breadth of the country, along with their fascinating history. The sumptuous book also offers an interesting glimpse into the lifestyle of the royalty.







The second book, At Home in Italy, by editor of AD Italia, Nicoletta del Buono, has brilliant photographs of some of Italy's most beautiful homes, taken by Massimo Listri. Covering about thirty homes across various regions in rural Italy, the book is almost like a personal walk through the sun drenched patios, the inviting cool living rooms, and a visual feast of Italian rural design and decor tradition. 






Ah! The pleasure of fabulous new coffee table books! :)

You can grab your copy of the books here and here.

[All images for the post clicked by me, owned by The Vendome Press]



No comments:

Post a Comment