Monday, February 7, 2011

I can't...

...think of an apt post title each time!
And this is one of those times :0

No reflection on the rooms that I have for you today
Though they did leave me a little speechless

Indian inspiration done right! From the kantha quilt to the faux camel bone side drawer to the roses to the pillow covers and the headboard...I wouldn't change a thing in this room.   

 Remember my room pairs post? Well aren't the above two rooms siblings? Love the scottish/madras checks

Another pair! And such gorgeous tiles and brass taps


Do you see what I see? Bandhani (Tie & Dye) pillows!

 Just when you ran out of ideas for innovative headboards - how cool is this one? For us folks in India, who can easily find jaali (lattice) work, we could try this with different stones...visualize a dholpur or jaisalmer stone jaali!

I like the play of different materials and textures (metal, ceramic, wood & the green of the cactus) against the mustard wall

 Suzani and colonial furniture - perfect combination

This room is overwhelming for me - too much happening visually. But love the independent pieces that have gone in - the tiles, the fabrics, the lamp, the side tables.. 

What bling!

Another case of sibling room love, you think?

I think it's time I re-purposed some of my wardrobe :)

   Ah! The causal chic of those tiles..

 And the details that make all the difference. 


So, 
What title would you give this post?


[All images from newly discovered inspiration: Red Online]



No comments:

Post a Comment