Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ornè De Feuilles...

... global inspiration from Japan

It's black...
 
I couldn't figure out much from the site about the store - Ornè De Feuilles. It's in Japanese. And well, google translate didn't help much. But what I could instinctively understand and feel is that the person/people running this online boutique have their design heart in the right place. Their collection of an completely eclectic range of products made me go weak in the knees. 
Here, take a look for yourself... 

What a brilliant idea! A new kettle with a flick of a cover

I don't know if it's acceptable to gurgle on the blog...but will you just look at those pens, and those scissors!

If some one from Japan, ever, wants to send me an impromptu gift (oh alright, not impromptu..send it on my b'day, ok?), then that someone can please just send the chandelier and the lamp in the first image. Thank you.

You gotta check their site...they have such cute birds! More gurgling..


And of course, I had to sniff out gorgeousness from India and Asia too...
 Camel leather bags from Rajasthan. I love these bags...the only issue is that you can't really use them for personal use since the leather isn't soft. Great to use as part of home decor though


Beautiful collection of embroidered fabrics (some vintage) from Gujarat and Rajasthan

Waste not, want not! Or something like that. Bits and pieces of fabrics recycled into charming bags. 


Quilted long jackets for autumn! And why doesn't any one make these in xs/petite sizes? Why? Anokhi - are you listening? I am pointedly looking at you right now.

Kilim - my favorite rug in different avatars

 Fabrics of all kinds...linen, khaadi, kantha and french printed silk

Closeup of embroidered textiles from India - imagine the hard work and skill that must have gone into making these!

Plastic chattais (rugs)! These have been designed by an Italian designer. I remember similar chattais from my childhood - a must have for any picnic!

Pill boxes!

...it's white



[All products: Ornè De Feuilles. Image mosaics by me]

No comments:

Post a Comment