Thursday, August 12, 2010

Felt Makes Me Happy

I'm not sure why I fell asleep last night thinking about felt but I did. I guess it started when I got the bright idea to attempt making some felt toys/dolls for my daughter. I'm sure I can pull it off..... Right? So, today I checked out Etsy to see what other felt creations people come up with and I am even more inspired to give felt-y crafts a go. Here are some neat things I found. : )

 I LOVE these carnival hydrangea felt clips (by Lou and Lee)!!! I haven't ordered them yet but believe me, I will. They will look so adorable in my daughter's hair.


Felt napkin rings by ItzFitz. So cute and they come on LOTS of different colors.


 These yarn wreaths with felt flowers are too wonderful! Also by ItzFitz.


 How about this Multi Color Rainbow Felt Disc Pillow? (by dedeetsyshop) So fun and colorful.


Another creation from dedeetsyshop. Circus Flower Beanbag Bookends. (Just a little FYI, dede's designs have been featured on Good Morning America and in Family Circle magazine.)


Here's a fancy felt design by TianaCHE. Special Occasions Felted Bolero.


Charcoal Felted Clutch by FuzzyLogicFelt.



I am so amazed by what people create with felt. Once upon a time I only thought of felt for poodle skirts!! Silly me. I will make something with felt before the year is over! If it turns out well, maybe I'll post my creation for all of you to see. : ) In the mean time, I need to make a trip to High Fashion Fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment