Thursday, September 10, 2009

All things retro

While browsing via my latest adda (hindi for: a place where you hangout), I came across rooms, all scanned from magazines, that had Retro and/or India written all over them. You would know what my next thought was - I have to share these gems with you!

(sorry, the images are a bit grainy...)

The swing (jhoola) - common feature in traditional Indian homes. This room seems to be from a haveli


The crowded corner and center table :)



Low stools (moodha) - you can find these selling along the highways, especially in the north and central India




Beautiful latticed wooden screen. Below the low sitting arrangement is footwear: kolhapuri chappals and mojris



Love these wooden shutters!


Different forms of low diwan style sitting in the following pics:



The charpoy!



Bright rugs, on the floor or on the wall..

Cosy sitting nook in the form of a niche (aala)


The canopy is a stylised form of very typical design used in the tents for weddings..



Gorgeous bedrooms..


[Source: the nomadic sun]


And how can I leave the retro without a song? This epitomises the 80's for me ;)


P.S: thanks for your emails in response to my last post. Blogger is still excruciatingly slow for me, but atleast the images are getting uploaded. And I will take your suggestion about dropping in a mail to blogger - hopefully that should help.


No comments:

Post a Comment