Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Trouble Is, You Think You Have Time





How many days have gone by where you planned to get certain chores or tasks
done but then at the end of the day you realized that in actuality you accomplished
absolutely nothing that you set out to do that day? It happens to me once in a while. 
create my daily list of things to do - all with good intentions, of course - and I refer 
to my list on and off throughout my day, but sometimes, other things just get in the 
way. Sometimes when I am working, a new idea will come into my mind and sidetrack
 my focus, or other things will come up and before I know it, the day is over and my
to-do list remains undone. Worst of all, I felt like I had wasted time! 

 This reminded me of something my vocal coach taught me years ago when I was taking 
singing lessons. She used to tell me to "Use the air, don't push the air" when singing. 
This piece of advice was a true method to making someone a better vocalist. Now,
years later, I think of her words again, but this time they have a new meaning to me. 

Will I use my day, or will I push through my day?

Even more importantly, and on a much bigger scale, will I take the time that I should 
to do the things that I've always dreamed of doing, or will those things somehow get
pushed away too? I'm choosing to pursue all of those dreams, and to use every second
 of my time on this earth thoroughly and completely.

How about you?    


No comments:

Post a Comment