Friday, January 2, 2009

Let me sing you a waltz

Out of nowhere, out of my thoughts

Let me sing you a waltz

About this one night stand

You were for me that night

Everything I always dreamt of in life

But now you're gone

You are far gone

All the way to your island of rain

It was for you just a one night thing

But you were much more to me

Just so you know

[Julie Delpy in Before Sunset]


[Image found here]


What better way to start the new year than by humming my favorite song, sung by one of my favorite actors in one of my favorite movies! And sharing with you the image of a rain drenched room - most likely in a lovely cafe, that reminds me of this song.

Does this happen to you too?

Do you look at an image and remember a song? Or, you can think of songs that so perfectly 'fit' certain rooms? Do rooms sing out to you?

If yes, then I would love to hear about it and share it with other readers of An Indian Summer!

So, if you have an image [or a room/piece of furniture /garden/architecture/anything to do with design, decor or dwelling spaces] and you have a song [in any language!] that you associate with that image, do email me the image and the first two lines of the song! I would be honoured to put it up on my side bar with your name/link in credits [please do also mention the source of the image].

Waiting eagerly. In the new year 2009. For your songs. And rooms that make you sing.

Hope you have a fabulously beautiful, creative and enriching new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment